June 25, 2015

Har-ki-Dhun Trek | How it Started

Way back in time, when I had just managed to swim, I had this sudden urge to learn back-floating [Source for this urge: A scene in one of the Kannada movie].

I wasn’t successful in back-floating in spite of dedicated effort. None of the wiki articles nor the videos helped me to learn the art of back-floating, unless a friend of mine said “Relax, Let go, and Float”!

Well, that was the defining moment, and I think I had got the hang of it! And there I was lying on my back, ears submerged and chin up. I felt as though someone had hit the mute button. The star-studded sky was so mesmerizing that I did not even realize I was floating towards the middle of the pool.  

That was my first Silence, Solitude and Stillness moment!

With days passing by, my quest for experiencing the Silence, Solitude and Stillness moment kept on growing. I have no idea on how many hours I have spent looking at the horizon, the straying clouds, the twinkling stars, the roaring waves, the rustling leaves, the rain drops, the ticking clock, and so on... I must mention that I haven’t even spared the LED light right above my cubicle. :)

Added to this, I unknowingly ended up seeing this pic in the Pinterest site, which made me take some random decision.



Yes, I strongly felt, the mighty Himalayas may offer me some of the best Silence, Solitude and Stillness moments. In addition, I can put a tick mark against the following wishes in my wish list:
  • Trekking. I make sure I experience something new every year just to explore the unknown side of ME.
  • Experience the sub-zero temperature
  • Slide on the snow
  • Stay away from the civilization, technology, and comfort-zone
Above all I wanted to check my inner-strength, and know how adaptable I am in such unpredictable mountain environment!

And thereby began the planning phase…

No comments:

Post a Comment