June 25, 2015

Har-ki-Dhun Trek | The Planning Phase

The moment you book your tickets, the excitement begins. But hold on, there is another important phase before you book your tickets. It is called the convincing phase! :) 

I believe, when it comes to traveling, if I can convince my mother I can convince any other person on this earth. I had to exhibit my art-of-convincing skill, as the very thought of me being out-of-network for eight long days, annoyed her to the core. Well, how-I-convinced-my-mother can itself be a separate blog topic as it has substantiate content! ;)

The day she gave a nod, I felt I had already conquered the Himalayas! :)

From then on, Suman and I could never stop talking about Har-ki-Dhun. Suman, is my fellow-traveler, who is a travel enthusiast and an adventure-loving person. :)

They say the best way to understand a woman is to go shopping with her. This helped in our case too! In the process of shopping, I think, we got a fair idea on each other's personality type, thought process, priorities, problem-solving skills and what not! ;) Isn’t it Suman? :)

Our day typically would begin with exchanging information on Har-ki-Dhun temperature and how we should equip ourselves to bear the sub-zero temperature. And the rest of the day was spent reading lot of articles, exchanging valuable information, online shopping, and planning for the Decathlon visits. 

Over these two months of planning, even though I had lot of apprehension about the trekking, what I enjoyed the most was the retail therapy. I realized, they don’t call it Retail Therapy for nothing. There is some joy in waiting for the parcel, trying out the product, and the immense sense of satisfaction that you get when your decision to buy that product is just perfect!

With the two months of preparation coming to an end, I was all set to trek the mighty Himalayas, bidding adieu to my family members.

4 comments:

  1. Dear fellow traveler :) .. even after 2 months we are still talking about it :) , says a lot. I enjoyed reading the blog and relived the entire trip, well written.
    Planning indeed helped us prepare well for the actual trip and set certain expectations right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work.Just wished to drop a comment and say i'm new your journal and adore what i'm reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete